Results from the 2006 LFS (Labour Force Survey) ad hoc module on 'transition form work into retirement'. The aim of the ad hoc module was to know how the transition at the end of the career towards full retirement is expected to take place, takes place or took place:
• plans for transitions/past transitions towards full retirement
• plans for exit from work Another aim was to know which factors would be/were at play in determining the exit from work, and which factors could make/could have made persons postpone the exit from work:
• working conditions factors (health and safety at the workplace, flexible working time arrangements …)
• other factors linked to work (training/obsolescence of skills …)
• financial factors (financial incentives to remain at work or to exit)
• personal factors (health, family reasons …).