This data collection presents summary tables intended to give an overview of the uptake of organic farming within the whole European Union and in each several country, plus Norway and Switzerland.
Organic farming has to be understood as a part of a sustainable farming system and a viable alternative to the more traditional approaches to agriculture.
Data are available for the following indicators:
1. Number of registered organic operators (table 'Food_act2')
2. Number of registered operators processing and importing products issued from organic farming (table 'Food_act3')
3. Organic crop area (table 'Food_in_porg1')
4. Organic crop production and yields from fully converted areas (table 'Food_in_porg2')
5. Organic livestock (table 'Food_in_porg3')
6. Production of organic animal products (table 'Food_pd_dmorg')
Detailed information on the indicators provided in this collection may be found in the document 'Organic farming_additional information'